All Info Pertaining to The Highlands

All Info Pertaining to The Highlands
Jean and I moved to The Highlands in the Fall of 2007 from our home on Cousins Island in Yarmouth where we had lived for 30 wonderful years. I often think that I'd like to share a thought or an experience about our life here at The Highlands with other folks . . . and by this "blog" I am going to do so. One other thought. The Highlands is not in any way responsible for this website. This is wholly the personal responsibility of Stan Sylvester. Jean Sylvester has her own site at http://www.catcarewithlove.blogspot.com/ mostly devoted to her writings, her poetry and her experience as a professional cat care person in Yarmouth. SPECIAL NOTE TO VISITORS: In addition to scrolling down to view contents of my blog, when you reach the bottom you can click on "older posts" to review all the topics I've posted.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Old Men Can Do Strange Things

Yesterday, April 30, 2011, Jean and I went to lunch at Murphy's Seafood Grill, formerly known as "Something's Fishy," which we think is one of Brunswick's underdiscovered dining treasures. It is located adjacent to the parking lot of Fort Andross. In the old, old days it was called "Old English Fish & Chips."

We like it because the food is good, very reasonably priced and the restaurant is never crowded. And there is easy parking, only a few steps from the front door.

When we went in yesterday and sat down at our table, I took with me a small bag of items I had just bought at Hannaford's; I wanted Jean to approve of my purchases. I showed her what I had bought and identified those which were o.k. and those I had to return.

We ordered our beverages and meals. I was struck by the fact that Jean had a knife and fork wrapped in a paper napkin; I had none. I strongly complained to Jean, "How come you have silverware and I don't?"  I got up and went to the waitresses's work station and found a roll of paper toweling. I tore one off as a napkin . . . and when the waitress returned, I asked her for silverware.

Yes, we are almost at the end of this fairly ridiculous story.

When I got home and unpacked the several bags from Hannafords, I saw somthing long and white in the bottom of one of the bags.  You guessed it: it was a knife and fork wrapped in a white paper napkin.


Our butterscotch cat, Scotty, looking at the silvereware which I inadvertently brought home from the restaurant after having complained to Jean and the waitress that I had been overlooked.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny! What would we do without our
    SBS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father-in-law used to tell of putting on a jacket to go out to dinner and finding a silver dessert fork in the breast pocket...from a previous hostesses collection. He returned the fork, a little embarrassed (he was, not the fork).

    ReplyDelete