All Info Pertaining to The Highlands

All Info Pertaining to The Highlands
Jean and I moved to The Highlands in the Fall of 2007 from our home on Cousins Island in Yarmouth where we had lived for 30 wonderful years. I often think that I'd like to share a thought or an experience about our life here at The Highlands with other folks . . . and by this "blog" I am going to do so. One other thought. The Highlands is not in any way responsible for this website. This is wholly the personal responsibility of Stan Sylvester. Jean Sylvester has her own site at http://www.catcarewithlove.blogspot.com/ mostly devoted to her writings, her poetry and her experience as a professional cat care person in Yarmouth. SPECIAL NOTE TO VISITORS: In addition to scrolling down to view contents of my blog, when you reach the bottom you can click on "older posts" to review all the topics I've posted.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Our Fellow Residents at The Highlands are so kind!

In July 2011 Jean and I were visited by two of my daughters and one granddaughter. They enjoyed staying in the guest suite of the Holden Frost House which I described in my blog posting of April 2011. I am a great believer in having new residents or guests wear name tags so I prepared suitable ones for our family members to wear as they interacted with folks here at The Highlands at meal and other times.

Geting back to the title of this blog:  four of our fellow residents have come up to me and given me meal tickets for us to use to defray some of the dining costs associated with our guests. I was very touched by these acts of friendship and kindness; they are specific examples of what we've experienced before and since moving here -- the friendliness of both residents and staff make The Highlands a wonderful place to live.


I think name tags should be worn by visitors and new residents
 
Jean Sylvester with granddaughter Sarah Kenney and daughter Susan Sylvester Kenney at Dolphin Marina Restaurant after lunch on July 16, 2011


Daughter Ann Sylvester Billings from Virginia, granddaughter Sarah Kenney, and daughter Susan Sylvester Kenney, both from Seattle, enjoying a rare family get-together



Any family resemblance betwen granddaughter and grandfather?


No comments:

Post a Comment